My Blog is not supposed to be visually appealing...It stands for my beliefs...

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lynx

Unfazed by the bullet whizzing towards her with unerring speed…  She casually flicks it away with the blade of her sword… Lynx like grace… a face frozen in snow… she cuts herself with her sword…  Shuddering from the pain she reminds herself that she does this not for pleasure but duty…
*****
Mamma… The days here are long and cold… Not a single ally in sight… I’m the only soldier assigned for this task… Major General said he found only me fit for the task… Hawk’s Eye he called me… Sharp, fierce and flies like the wind… He said that I took the place of a hundred… It’s getting harder but I have your protection even though you may not be here… My sword flashes red with blood mamma…  I hate killing but I have to… I have to… Or this war will never end… These so called super human forces… I find them so clumsy… like little children… As I lay down to sleep tonight I feel your locket in my hand… And remember what you said as you were leaving this realm…  “End this war, my Lynx,” you said… I’m trying so hard to do just that…
*****
I run across this searing plain… the hot air brushes intensely against my cheek… It’s as if I’m sprinting from a forest fire… Only there are no forests here… only hot golden sand and the unrelenting blazing sun high in the sky… The powdered azure sky does nothing to shield me from this heat… Yet it doesn’t burn… only gives more speed to my flying feet…
She skids to a stop… bending her knees in a fluid motion… 
What’s this? I just heard the ground underneath me rumble… Surely… not another army now…  I faced one just this morning…
She draws herself to her full height…. With her hawk like sharp eyes she scans the horizon… She sees a dark mass move from behind her at alien speed… but it feels slow to her… Her black cloak billows in the wind as she faces south… There too a large mass… She smiles as she hears a loud war cry rise from the east and the west… A gunshot she hears from the north…
Clumsy children…
*****
“Ahhh… The fair Lynx… Why am I not surprised?” the commander said, stepping out from the troops. She smiled again… A mocking smile… She unbuckled her sword and let it slide to the ground… “Surrendering already, eh… Without a fight? Strange… We were prepared for intense fighting…” he stopped, seeing her strange gestures… she had dropped on to her knees… Her hands splayed like wings across her sides… She started flapping them… uncannily bird like… Before long her clothes lay in a bundle on the floor with her sword… And in her place stood a very large snow white bird with a long feathered tail… She gave a large cry,,, And with lightening speed gathered her clothes and sword and flew away…
She flew across the sky… like a streak of white light… away from the four armies… The troops gazing open mouthed, in disbelief as she became just a speck across the sky…
No wonder… they call me the silent one… Yet they say I speak the most with my deeds… Words are meaningless to me… my thoughts are intense enough to make my actions forceful enough… I think I sent a strong message to them just through this simple gesture rather than the complexity of words… I’ve been fighting for so long… Decades…Yet this war never seems to end… The enemy has an invisible supply of troops… Strangest thing is… We haven’t figured out who is behind this war still… No face… I hope Hin has gathered something useful…

No comments: